This is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) product and is intended to be installed and licensed on the hard drive of a fully assembled computer system. This product does not qualify for any free technical support from Microsoft. A retail (FPP) version of this product is available that includes technical support.
Why Buy From SoftwareMedia?
- Comes with Certificate of Authenticity (COA) so you can rest assured what you’re buying is legit. You’d be surprised how many calls we receive from people who purchased software elsewhere, discovered their software was fraudulent and can’t get their money back. Not only that, but in some cases, Microsoft has gone after businesses in the form of a software audit. See our article on how to spot fraud software so you can stay protected. Or just buy from us!
- As a certified Microsoft Gold Partner, we’ve been around since 1997 and we’re not going anywhere!
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit builds on the award-winning foundation of Windows Server 2008 expanding existing technology and adding new features to enable organizations to increase the reliability and flexibility of their server infrastructures. New virtualization tools Web resources management enhancements and exciting Windows 7 integration help save time reduce costs and provide a platform for a dynamic and efficiently managed data center. Powerful tools such as Internet Information Services (IIS) version 7.5 updated Server Manager and Hyper-V platforms and Windows PowerShell version 2.0 combine to give customers greater control increased efficiency and the ability to react to front-line business needs faster than ever before.
What’s new in Windows Server 2008 R2:
- Updated Web server role Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5 and greater support for .NET on Server Core
- Capable of unprecedented workload size dynamic scalability and across-the-board availability and reliability.
- Client and Server virtualization provided by Hyper-V and Presentation virtualization with Remote Desktop Services
- Sophisticated CPU architectures increased operating system componentization and improved performance and scalability for applications and services